Top 10 coolest stores and brands in Rio de Janeiro
Last Winter Break, I went to Rio de Janeiro, and had the chance to visit many stores and brands. Above are the Top 10 coolest stores and brands in Rio de Janeiro. Some stores, such as Andrea Marques and Lenny are a mandatory stop if you are in Rio, because they are very creative and timeless brands and their quality is excellent. See below some of the most interesting brands and stores in Rio.
1. One of the best discoveries was Haight, a Brazilian beachwear brand that sells at Net-a-Porter, Moda Operandi, Matches, and on brick-and-mortar stores throughout the world. The store in Leblon is super pretty, and it is worth the visit. The swimsuits and bikinis don’t have the traditional Brazilian style, as they are very sophisticated and minimalist.
Casa de Antonia
2. Casa de Antonia is a multi-brand store with differentiated apparel and accessories for people who are looking for exclusive and cool merchandise. The customer service is great because it is Antonia, the owner and curator of the store, who will probably assist you.
3. It has been a long time since I follow Wymann, however, I have never been to their store in Rio. The merchandise in the Rio Design Mall store is very different from what I normally see here in New York. Wymann is an expensive store, but I was lucky that their store in Rio had some items on sale.
Carol Mac Dowell
4. I saw the purses from Carol Mac Dowell in many stores in Rio. The purses are very interesting, have great quality, and the fabrics and materials are super differentiated.
5. The Ipanema 2000 has a lot of interesting brands, but one specifically caught my attention. Naai sells comfortable and minimalist apparel with high quality fabrics. Her size range is very broad, which is something rare in Rio de Janeiro. Naai’s involvement with sustainability makes the brand even more interesting.
6. Who else needs basic items in their closet? It was great to discover Bossa Social on the Forum de Ipanema. Their merchandise is very basic, however, they have the bossa necessary to make it cool and stylish.
7. Jailson Marcos is from the northeast of Brazil, therefore, his shoes are influenced by the Brazilian countryside and cowboys. Jailson Marcos has a lot of vegan options in the store.
8. Oficina is a men store in the Leblon Shopping that is a part of the Reserva Group. They offer custom-made shirts, and also have a barber shop in-store.
9. Obra is another multi-brand store that has apparel, accessories and even decoration objects that are very interesting and unique. I suggest that you visit the store with plenty of time to look thought their merchandise carefully.
10. The first Havaianas store I went has in Singapore a few years ago, but now they are everywhere. The store on Garcia D’Avila, however, is the prettiest one. It is really nice to see people from all over the world visiting the store to chose their new Havaianas. I have more Havaianas than a citizen of New York need, so I focused on their sunglasses.
Do you have plans to go to Rio? Make sure you write down those brands and stores’ names to visit in your vacation to Brazil!
Marcia, from New York.