How a new mall can be attractive with so many stores and brands closing in NYC and all over the country? Only time will say if it is a real state development that has succeeded. After all, with so many quick changes that are happening in retail nowadays, it is difficult to predict. But of course, the mall has its attractions and here are 12 Things that I Liked at HudsonYards Mall.
- The architecture of the project is interesting and the mall itself is modern. The sculpture building in front is already a tourist destination and an Instagram scenery for photos.
- The mall has high-end and popular stores, a mix that pleases everyone.
- There are many options of restaurants and cafes, many of them not regular “mall restaurants”, but recognized chef restaurants
4. Talking about what really interests us: the stores. The Conservatory in the first floor is a minimalist luxury store with great visual merchandise that includes a peaceful greenery entrance and an interesting display of the products.
5. At Batch, I found bijoux and cases of an NPO brand that I follow in the Instagram. All the products are made by refugee women that live in Texas. This is also sustainability.
6. Neiman Marcus opened its first store in NYC in this mall. Part of the same group as Bergdorf Goodman, they both have similar products and price point. Neimans at Hudson Yards has New York City represented at the entrance; the iconic city buildings which now include The Vessel, are highlighted in the photo, besides the yellow taxi and, of course, flowers, since it is Spring now. A season that Newyorkers celebrate a lot.
7. Neimans has also a big space where your denim can be customized or temporary corners where you can get, for example, a piercing (and have an excuse to buy new earrings). Or the many spaces with products related to traveling, one of the experiences that attract new generations.
8. Neiman Marcus’ fitting room uses technology and comfort. What else could we desire at a place we try on clothing? A screen welcomes you with your name. It’s possible to ask the sales associate’s help or to change the lighting of the fitting room. Natural light, candlelight or sunset are some of the options and we can see exactly how we are going to look like depending on the occasion.
10. The Micro Kickboard store is an example of how creating experience is the most important thing in a store.
11. There are artists installations; this one, by Francesco Clemente, is called Wishing Stars, a contemplative installation, as the artist has called.
12. And Lara Schnitger’s installation made with sequins invites everyone to interact with her art and also, why not, take as many photos as they want.
Also read the post Outlet Malls in New York: 10 Tips